Thursday, October 31, 2013

Little Marble Cupcakes


Today I was in the mood to use my new baking trays, it's a mini 6s mould tray. I got it from my Batam trip recently. It cost a mere $3+ I think.

I browse thru my 'bookmarks' and there I go, from QiQi again, little marble cupcakes. I actually wanted to bake the Oreo Cupcakes, but since both kids haven really recover from their cough, I decided to still 'bookmark' them first. Haha~

The little cakes were light and fluffy, and I only use 1-bowl for baking them. I cream with hand whisk and mix everything in from there. I like the hint of Blueberry yogurt, with a bit of bitterness from the coco batter too.. Yummy....

Here it goes, for my lovely neighbor to try...

Little Marble Cupcakes (adapted from QiQi)
*i halve the recipe but I forgot to halve the milk & vanilla extract, makes 6 regular size muffins*
63g Butter
35g Sugar
1 Egg
63g Self-raising Flour
2Tbsp Milk *i replace with Blueberry Yogurt*
1/2tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2Tbso coco powder for marbling effect

1) Cream Butter and sugar til light. Add egg and mix well.
2) Add flour in 2 additions, mix well. Add in yogurt and extract.
3) Fill mould 2/3 full! mix balance batter with coco powder and then top each mould with coco batter.
Swirl a little and bake at 140deg for 25-30mins, or until skewer comes out clean.

No comments: