Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Steam Silken Tofu with Minced Meat & Prawns


Actually I chanced upon a blog that post about this steam tofu, cutting into 3 layers and putting the minced meat in between the layers. I knew I 'bookmarked' it to cook it of Little Thumbs Up. But when I wanna cook for tonight's dinner, I can't find it anywhere. No choice, I had to just go with the flow. Ha~ 

I simply cut into 2layers and smeared with minced meat & prawns, marinated my own style. I then topped it with oyster sauce and a bit of garlic then steam it for 20mins. 

After steaming, I think I didn't press the tofu enough for the water to come out, it sort of have a lot of gravy. Haha~ So I ended up transferring to another plate. It goes very well with a bowl of rice and I practically finished 1/2 of it. The only bad point is that, it is not saltish enough. Perhaps an additional Tbsp of light soy suave will do the trick. So gonna make them again.

Tonight is fast dinner, I made oyster vegetable and pan-fried fish to go along with steamed tofu. Yummy!!

I am submitting this post to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake.

Steam Tofu with Minced Meat & Prawns
1 Silken Tofu, for steaming
50g Minced Meat
6 Prawns, chopped
1Tbsp Sesame Oil + 1Tbsp Cornflour + 1Tbsp Light Soy Sauce + Pepper
Gravy: 3Tbsp Oyster Sauce + 1tsp Sesame Oil + chopped garlic

1) Take tofu out, press a bit to release the water content in the tofu. 
2) Marinate the minced meat and prawns with above seasonings and prepare gravy, leave aside.
3) Cut tofu into 2 layers and smear the meat on both layers. Steam for 20mins. Serve warm.
*Note: sorry that I am unable to credit to the original recipe and tis recipe is based on my own variation.

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi Priscilla,

Is this a steam tofu burger?? You are very clever having your tofu sandwiched with meat... like a burger :D

Zoe

Priscilla said...

Hi Zoe,

I gotten the idea from someone too..but I dunno where is it, can't find my source lo.... =)