Thursday, April 15, 2021

Bacon Risotto (Pressure Cook)



Always wanted to try Risotto but as I had to cook them over stove top, I wasnt that confident. And since now I had Ninja, which I can make use of the pressure cook function so I thought I would try it once and see how it goes with the kids! 

Its quite straightforward and fast as only need to dump in to saute the bacon then add in rice to toast before i add in water and send it for sauna. All in total took me about 20minutes max from start to end. And kids get a flask of risotto for school. Shall see how it goes with my fussy gal at the end of school and update. (Oh and it may dry out as u continue to keep it warm in the thermos, I actually let it cool slightly before closing the lid.) 


Attached a simple video of the cooking process ❤️



Bacon Risotto (Pressure Cook)
1 cup rice
1 cup bacon, strips
3cloves garlic
1Tbsp butter
3cup water

1/2cup Grated parmesan
Parsley flakes
1Tbsp Diced tomato
3Tbsp milk
Pinch of pink salt

1) Saute mode Hi: Fry bacon til crispy then add in garlic and butter. 
2) Add in rice and fry til slightly toasted and browned
3) Add in water and Pressure cook Hi x 7mins and natural release for 10mins.
4) Quick release and stir grated parmesan and parsley flake thru rice. Add in diced tomato, milk and salt to taste. Serve warm

No comments: