Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Black Glutinous & Red Bean Paste

 

A request from my gal to have this for school stay back so decided to try using Pressure cook mode to help me with it. 

I read up a few recipes online and most said there is no need to soak and pressure cook timing ranges from 15-30mins. I decided that I will soak them so I can pressure cook them in a shorter time frame so that it wont be a mad rush for me in the morning! 


Indeed it didnt and I get it done in 30mins, including adding sweetness and some rice dumplings for the kids! Yay! So happy with my new found hack for their favourite dessert! 


Hope you enjoyed the video! ❤️

Black Glutinous & Red Bean Paste
100g Black glutinous rice, wash and soaked overnight
100g Red bean, wash and soak overnight
3 Cup water
Rock sugar to taste
Pandan leaves, optional

1) Wash and rinse black glutinous rice and red bean. Soak overnight
2) Fill pot with water to 3 cup marking, add in glutinous rice and red bean
3) Pressure cook Hi x 15mins and natural release 
4) Saute mode HI, add sugar to taste and thicken it. Serve warm or chilled. 

No comments: