Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Spicy Black Beans Swordfish


A very simple dish that I grew up eating. My version of it was non-spicy versions as grandma always cook it for us while we were staying with her. Now I learn to cook it from my grandma and we added sambal for the extra spice! 


Can you see how simple it is? The fish I used was swordfish, rarely can find in supermarkets or market. The other when I saw it, I just had to get them cos I know my grandma will love them! She enjoys eating this fish and leather jacket in this style of cooking.


A simple video to show how to do the cooking! Its really simple and straightforward. And the gravy goes so well with porridge or rice! I can just put many gravy over rice and have jt just like that 😋

Spicy Black Beans Swordfish
1 Swordfish, cut into cube
1Tbsp Sesame oil
2Tbsp Dried black beans, rinsed 
1Tbsp Homemade sambal
2Tbsp Dark Soy sauce
1Tbsp Huatiao
Water, enough to cover fish

1) Saute mode Hi: Add sesame oil and stirfry ginger til fragrant
2) Add in black beans and sambal then do a quick stirfry
3) Add in fish cubes and mix well. 
4) Once fish changes colour, add in seasonings and enough water to cover fish partially. Bring to a simmer and taste. Serve warm

No comments: