Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Pork & Shrimp Congee (Pressure cook)


 Been wanting to try out the pressure cook function for porridge, those silky creamy texture. Today is the great time to try as I wanna pack for the big kids for stayed back lunch as well as keeping it ‘warm’ for us til lunch! 

I think I added slightly lesser water or the ‘building pressure’ part evaoparated the water? (Oh i forgot to put back the silicon ring for the pressure cook lid so it keep ‘psst’ out water instead of building the pressure!😖 Mama haven awake) Nonetheless, I added 2 more cups after I did quick release, approximately 5-6mins after its done! 


Added seasoning to taste then quickly add in the ingredients! Love the texture so much!! Try it! All in all, it took me 30mins from start to end! ❤️


Pork & Shrimp Congee (Pressure cook)
1cup rice, washed and rinsed
7cup water (I am using the measuring cup for rice) 
**Added 2 more cups after pressure cook)
5Tbsp minced meat
150g shrimp paste
10-12 dried scallops, soaked
1pc ginger
1 garlic

Seasoning:
3Tbsp chicken powder taste
2Tbsp sesame oil
Pepper

1) Put all ingredients, except minced meat and shrimp paste into pot and add in water.
2) Pressure cook Hi x 15mins and natural release
3) Saute mode Hi, bring to a simmer and add sesame oil, pepper and chicken powder to taste. (I added 2 more cups of water at this point) 
4) Saute mode Med, Add in minced meat and shrimp paste and stir gently.
5) Serve warm 

No comments: