Sunday, April 4, 2021

Homemade Chocolate Granola


 I love having overnight oats as breakfast occassionally when I feel guilt from overeating too much junk. And cos of my allergy and sinus, GP advises me to have less breads. And since I am cutting down carbs, overnight oats is the alternative that I can have.


I have been buying from retail granola for the longest. Adding to yogurts, my oats and even to milk. Sometimes I like a particular one but dislike something inside the mix. Ahh, so I decided to self-love and make something for myself. 


So here you go, chocolatey granola that me ❤️ YumYum! And it is cheaper and healthier to make this at home as you choose your own ingredients and know what you added. πŸ˜‹



Homemade Chocolate Granola
250g rolled oats
70g cashew
70g almonds
50g chia seeds
120g maple syrup
40g olive oil
1tsp homemade vanilla extract
Handful Dark choc chunks
Tips: Add choc chunks bit by bit when tossing so that wont be too wet. I added too much 

1) Toss all ingredients together and mix well
2) Bake at 180deg x20mins, stirring every 5mins to ensure evenly toasted and not burnt

Tips: Probably I will halve the recipe next round so its easier to stir and bake πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

#priscillacooks

No comments: