Saw Ann from AnncooJournal posted this new recipe recently in Facebook, it got me so interested and I so so wanna try. 1 thing that makes me hesitate is that it is coffee-flavored, which means I won't give to my kids. But never mind, my neighbor likes Coffee!! Hahahha~
The aroma that spread thru the whole house while baking, it is therapeutic. Should have baked it earlier while the whole house smell of the 'burning' smell from the bad haze. Regret~ Anyway, I didn't add any coffee oil/paste as I don't have any. I added 1Tbsp of Instant Coffee Granula instead of 1/2. And I mixed the Creamcheese to 100g Creamcheese + 150g 60% less fat Creamcheese. It makes you feel less sinful eating it. Will you?
Verdict: This is really soft, fluffy and nice. It doesn't really shrink much, maybe 10-15% max. But I think perhaps I didn't add Coffee oil/paste, the Cinnamon taste kind of overpower the coffee flavour. But over all, a good recipe.. Nice~
Thanks Ann for this yummy recipe too...
Coffee & Cinnamon Cheesecake (adapted from AnncooJournal)
250g Cream Cheese (100g Creamcheese + 150g 60% less fat Creamcheese)
1Tbsp Instant Coffee Granula
1tsp Vanilla extract
1Tbsp Cinnamon Powder
40g Plain Flour
40g Corn Flour
1) Melt Milk and Butter over double-boil method. (I use microwave)
2) Add in Creamcheese and stir til smooth. Stir in instant coffee Granula.
3) Add yolks, then sifted flour(s) & cinnamon powder. Lastly add vanilla extract.
4) Beat egg whites with sugar til soft peak form. Fold 1/2 to batter, then fold in remaining 1/2.
5) Pour into greased tin, lined bottom of tin. **I sprinkle choc chips on the top of cake*
6) Bake at 150deg for 50-55mins.