Monday, June 17, 2013

Simple yet yummy & delish meal for kids


Decided to try the fried fish that was done by 1 of a FB fren. The looks of the fried fish makes me drool. And since I have the frozen fillets on the fridge so I tot of making them along to go with Egg Roll sushi. (I don't have to worry about cooking 1 more dish with gravy for them to go with rice. Yeah~)

I am using the method that I did ages ago, following this recipe. Today I am just using plain rice, wrapped over lettuce. So I have fish, veg and rice!! I am pretty sure I might make my lil boy keen to self-feed today.. (I am having so much problems getting him to self feed lo)



Verdict: It's yummy, crispy and not too thick batter.. Super yummy.. Could be a little more saltish though but it goes well with mayo and Chilli. As for self-feeding, my boy is happy to see his kiddy plate out. He fed the fish on his own but I have to help with the egg roll rice... 




Deep-Fried Fish Fillets (modified from Culinary Kitchenette)
My own marinate for fish:
3 Fillets, cut into thick slices
1Tbsp Sesame Oil
1Tbsp Lt Soy Sauce
Dash of Pepper
1tsp Sage
1tsp Tumeric
1tsp Garlic
1tsp Parsley

1) Marinate for at least 1 hour. Prepare batter

Batter:
3/4 Cup Plain Flour
 2Tbsp Cornflour
1/4tsp Baking Soda
1/4tsp Baking Powder
1/4tspSalt
180ml Water

1) Sift dry ingredients. Mix to smooth batter with water.
2) Coat with fillets and deep fry til golden brown

No comments: