Monday, June 3, 2013

Strawberry Muffin without Butter


I chanced upon this post in Facebook by Anncoo few days back or was it last week? I cant really remember but I was really keen to bake them to try out as the thought of having a muffin without using any oil or butter, it is a healthy bake. 

So today, since i have the impulse to bake for hubby"s collits. I decided to bake them on top of the Cream Cheese Pandan Chiffon earlier today. We can have someone to split the 'fats'.. LOL. 

I replaced the orange juice in her recipe with all yogurt and added 10ml of milk as I was worried that if i didnt add additional liquid, the yogurt is too thick and end up the muffin might be slightly drier? Not too sure about that but the end batter seems a bit dry so I just add 10ml of milk to play safe.


Verdict: I find mine taste like cottony sponge cupcakes rather than muffins. But it is moist n nice.. Worth a try cos it is healthy without the 'fats'..

Strawberry Muffin without Butter (modified from AnncooJournal)
3 yolks
30g sugar *omit as i ran out of sugar and also the yogurt is slightly sweet
100ml Strawberry yogurt
10ml Milk
1/2tsp Baking Powder
80g Cake Flour
10g Cornflour

3 whites
70g sugar 

1) Beat yolks til light in colour. (I use hand whisk, whisk arnd 10mins)
2) Add in yogurt and milk and mix well. Sift in flour and baking powder then mix well
3) Beat whites and sugar til stiff peaks. Fold into batter in 3 batches.
4) Fill cases 3/4 full and bake at 170deg for 25-30mins

3 comments:

ann low said...

Hi Priscilla, your strawberry muffins look really cottonly and soft. Great to go with a cup of tea :)

Priscilla said...

Ann,

Thanks for yr great recipe...

lena said...

yea, agree with ann. it looks really soft and fluffy !