Monday, June 24, 2013

Orange, Mixed Berries & Choc Chips Butter Cake


Been wanting to try this recipe but last week was so hazy, humid and warm at home. Worried about getting N95, worried about hydrating the kids, giving them their dose of Vitamins and blah blah blah.. 

This week, finally the PSI reading seems better, the wind direction supposedly will blow the other directions so we can expect a few days of good air conditions?? But staying at home is still as humid.. So I decided to put my time to good use, I decided to bake the cake in my mini loaf pan. 

I replaced some and added some ingredients to the recipe. Using whipped cream to substitute yogurt, added dried berries, choc chips and used orange paste instead of orange zest. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will turn out yummy!! And I realized something, I think I only used 120g of flour instead of 190g!! Oops..


Luckily, it still bakes well. Fragrant butter cake with Orange flavour, packed with mixed berries & choc chips. Yummy....

Orange, Mixed Berries & Choc Chips Butter Cake (modified from Culinary Kitchenette)
190g Unsalted Butter
190g Sugar *140g sugar used*
190g Plain Flour *read recipe wrongly and use 120g Cake Flour*
60g Ground Almond
1tsp Baking Powder
1/2tsp Salt
3 large eggs
1tsp Orange Paste
1tsp home made vanilla extract

1) Cream butter and sugar til fluffy. Add eggs 1 at a time, mix well.
2) Add in dry ingredients in 2 additions, until incorporated. Add in whipped cream and orange paste and vanilla. Stir in mixed berries, choc chips.
3) Bake at 170deg for 40-50mins or til skewer comes out clean.

No comments: