Been a while since I baked bread and since I happen to run out of bread at home, I tot I can try out some new recipes that I have seen recently. The first one I gonna try is this Soft Custard Bread that I saw on Culinary Kitchenette recently.
I hurried to make the custard tang zhong and went to pacify my kids, coax my lil boy to nap. Been quite busy and tired cos I am alone with the kids this week. Hubby busy with conference and grandma not around. Phew.. Thank God that I managed to get things done. Bread and dinner done in a day..
Today we went library again. Then at Mac's for lunch. The kids so enjoy themselves though I had a hard time disciplining them... But after all, still manageable...
After I settled dinner, bread is done with 2nd proof.. I simply missed the aroma of the bread while it is baking.. The bread is soft, fragrant and nice. I will use this recipe in future too.. Yummy!!
Custard Soft Bread (adapted from Culinary Kitchenette)
custard Tang Zhong
10g Caster Sugar
15g Bread Flour
250g Bread Flour
15g Milk Powder *i use bread flour as I don't have milk powder
1) Mix dry ingredients in mixing bowl. Add Milk & Tang Zhong to form dough.
2) Add in butter and knead til soft and smooth. (Do the dough test)
3) Proof for 1hr or til doubled. Divide dough into 4s (approx 115g each)
4) Roll out dough and fold into long strips. Placed in bread pan and proof til doubled.
5) Bake for 20-30mins at 180deg.