Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bakery-style Chocolate Chips Muffins


I chanced upon this picture of Bakery-style muffins and it reminds me of those muffins selling at Sin Ming market. Their muffins are nice, fluffy and light. I always buy a few home to go with coffee if i happen to eat at the market.

Seeing the recipe for the similar-looking muffins, I just have to try it. It will be very popular with the kids, as well as me and hubby for late night snacks. Haha~ (and I made them into small Cuppies)


I added dark and white chocolate chips, omit the nutmeg and cinnamon powder as I happen to ran out of it. I know definetely the taste will be inferior cos the use of the 2 spices will bring out the flavour of the muffins. But I just couldn't wait to try baking them. Shall do a trial run and attempt again. =)


Verdict: It's really very delicious and fluffy, definetely store-bought standard.. It's so simple to make and yet so yummy, a keeper recipe!!



On top of my muffin, I baked Flaxseed Raisin Loaf for tml's BF too. Using the same recipe, added 2Tbsp a flaxseed meals and raisin..

Bakery-style Choc Chip Muffins (adapted from SallyBakingAddictions)
192g all-purpose flour
2tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 egg, room temperature preferred
100g sugar
123g milk (skim, 1%, almond, rice, soy are all ok – room temperature preferred)
59g canola oil
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chocolate chunks; or dark chocolate; or milk chocolate)
coarse sugar for sprinkling (optional)

1) Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, toss approx 20sec. Whisk sugar & eggs til pale and light. Add in milk, oil and vanilla essence then whisk well.
2) Gently fold in flour, do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips. *Note: Mixture will be lumpy
3) Fill batter to almost top, drop 2-3 chocolate chips for deco. Bake at 15-18mins at 180deg.

No comments: