Thursday, September 26, 2013

三菜一汤 inspired Pork Ribs


I saw the 1st episode of 三菜一汤 and was inspired to cook my own pork ribs too. I wanted to mimic the same dish cooked by the 2 teams but then I realized I didn't have some of the ingredients when I decided to cook them.


I marinate them with Lee Kum Kee BBQ Spare Ribs Sauce with the intention of baking them. I added chopped parsley for added fragrance. After baking them for 30mins, I decided to fry a little bit in wok with garlic, added 1Tbsp of oyster sauce and 1 cup of water to simmer til the sauce slightly thicken. Yes, all learn form the tv show.

Verdict: it is very flavourful and yummy. The meat is not soft enough in my opinion but not very tough. It is slightly chewy. Definitely will cook them again when my ribs craving come again and I will steam instead of baking them.

Dinner is served.

BBQ Sauce Pork Ribs
2 plate of prime ribs
2Tbsp BBQ Spare Ribs sauce
1stalk Chopped Parsely
1Tbsp Oyster Sauce
1Cup Water
Garlic

1) Marinate ribs with BBQ sauce and chopped Parsely, at least 4hours or overnight. Bake at 200deg for 30mins,
2) Fry garlic til fragrant, add in baked ribs and fry. Add oyster sauce and water and bring to boil. Lower fire and simmer til sauce thicken. Serve warm.

No comments: