I was wondering what to submit for Little Thumbs Up this month whereas the theme is Pandan. It came to my mind that I have been wanting to try and make the flaky Mooncakes but didn't have the chance. So I ended up using the recipe from AnncooJournal.
Anyway, it is my first time handling this type of dough, and I jus roll and fold twice, wrap based on 'agarration' (own estimations). I am pretty sure I did not do a good job in wrapping and doing justice to the recipe. Sorry Ann.
My end results, I wrapped the wrong side facing out. Readers, don't make the same mistake. After you flatten the dough, u wrap with the top facing outside!! Remember this. And I didn't wrap nice enough. But the taste is yummy, my kids are fighting over it. Will definetely attempt it again..
I'm linking this post to Little Thumbs Up : Pandan, hosted by Joceline from Butter, Flour & Me and organized by Zoe from Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen from my little favourite D.I.Y.
Flaky Swirl Mooncake (adapted from AnncooJournal)
*I only did 1/5 of recipe. 12 mini monies*
50g Plain flour
10g Warm water + 6g sugar = stir well
10g Corn oil
1) Mix sugar with warm water, leave aside. Rub shortening into flour and make a well.
2) Pour water mixture and corn oil and mix into a dough. Leave to rest 15mins.
3) Divide into 15g each, into 6 portions.
30g Plain flour
1/4 tsp Pandan Paste
1) Combine shortening and plain flour, add in Pandan paste and knead into dough.
2) It's very sticky so I spread a little plain flour to dust while dividing into portions. I divide into 10g each, into 6 portions.
1) Divide 12 portions of 10g Low Sugar White Lotus Paste. Wrap oil dough with water dough.
2) Roll the dough out, and roll it up again. Flatten and roll out again, roll up like Swiss roll again. Cut into halve.
3) Flatten dough and wrap lotus paste, seal the ends.
4) Bake at 200deg for 15mins.